These Chocolate Nut Bombs will satisfy any sweet craving, while providing a whole load of goodness with each bite. An energy bomb of protein-packed nuts, and sweet, fibre-filled dates, they are rounded off with a super-chocolatey blast from the antioxidant packed raw cacao powder. A power packed snack or delicious after dinner chocolatey hit, these are sure to please!
- Raw cacao powder - straight from the cacao bean, this is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It has been linked to healthy heart function through lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow and lowering LDL cholesterol, while providing an energy boost through its high magnesium content to name just a few of it's health benefits;
- Almonds - high in monunsaturated fats, vitamin E and magnesium as well as the only nut that is alkalising to the blood;
- Walnuts - high in omega-3 oils and vitamin E, walnuts are anti-inflammatory and a great antioxidant;
- Chia seeds - an energy tonic, chia were eaten by the Southwest American Indians for sustenance during endurance contests. They are the highest source of omega-3 fatty acids next to flax. They are a great source of fibre, used by the Latin Americans to treat constipation;
- Coconut - high in healthy saturated fats and fibre. It is great for supporting healthy metabolism and balancing blood sugar levels;
- Cinnamon - warming and sweet, a good source of manganese, cinnamon helps to balance blood sugar and curb sweet cravings.
Chocolate Nut Bombs Recipe
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. water
- Extra cacao powder & desiccated coconut to coat
- Place walnut halves in a food processor or vitamix and blend until finely ground
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the water and blend until a paste forms
- If very dry, add the water and blend until combined.
- Using hands, roll mixture into bite-sized balls
- Roll in cacao powder or desiccated coconut to decorate
I hope you enjoy the latest recipe from BodyNatured. For more food inspiration visit our Blog or Instagram page using the links on the side of the page.
Yours in good health, naturally! Victoria x